Inspire - Educate - Empower
Black-Asian is the newbie in the digital media world, and we need your help to take it by storm. We are looking for writers to capture and transport our audience on a journey through words to inspire, educate and empower individuals.
Writers should be able to articulate and convey their message by stringing together words and phrases that are beautiful, engaging, compelling, explanatory and/or poetic to reach our multi-cultural audience.
The position requires someone who can write from different perspectives, such as the first-person narrative perspective, second-person and third-person perspectives; and someone who loves interacting with people.
We want our writers to succeed and give back to the community; currently Black-Asian is accepting writing submissions on a trail basis to ensure we’re a match.
Excited! We are too, please fill out the information below.
- Journalistic integrity
- Have a firm understanding of factual base writing vs. opinion based writing
- A belief in the importance of strong narratives about diversity, culture and race
- An interest in cultivating and establishing a relationship with our audience
- Must be self-directed, highly organized, and able to meet deadlines and manage time independently
- Critical thinking, by conduct research to obtain factual information in detail. Utilizing sources such as blogs, social media and credible websites to objectively analysis and evaluate of an issue in order to form a judgment.
- Develop factors, such as theme, plot, characterization, psychological analysis, historical environment, action, humor and dialogue, to create material.
- Write outward-facing materials including social media and blog posts
- Assist in the production of communications and promotional materials needed for marketing and branding efforts
- Pitch and collaborate on stories, conduct peer reviews, and revises written material to meet company standards
- Assist with preparations for speaking engagements, discussion groups and case studies
- Confer with Copy Editor to discuss development changes or revisions
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE (CONSIDERED AN ASSET)
- Social media proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, creative writing, or a related field
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills, keep consistent language and tone.
- Highly organized with an extreme attention to detail
- Collaborative team player with positive attitude
- Basic proficiency in WordPress, Photoshop, MS Word, Google Docs and Spreadsheets
- Eager to join a fast-paced early stage startup
- Produce one article per week
|Job Category||Journalist Jobs|