Inspire - Educate - Empower
Black-Asian is the newbie in the digital media world, and we need your help to take it by storm. We are looking for writers to capture and transport our audience on a journey through words to inspire, educate and empower individuals.
As a videographer you should be able to take our audience on a journey through sound and imagery to inspire, educate and empower individuals. Videographers will produce multiple videos and aggregate videos from others sources to meet video goals.
Videographers should be able to articulate and convey their message through engaging and compelling imagery to reach our multi-cultural audience.
We want our videographers and artist to succeed and give back to the community.
Currently Black-Asian is accepting writing submissions on a trail basis to ensure we’re a match.
Excited? We are too. Please fill out the information below.
- A belief of the importance of strong narratives about diversity, culture and race
- An interest and cultivating and establishing a relationship with our audience
- Must be self-directed, highly organized, and able to meet deadlines and manage time independently
- Conducts research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, utilizing sources such as blogs, social media and credible websites.
- Develops factors, such as theme, plot, characterization, psychological analysis, historical environment, action, and dialogue, to create material. In addition, to humorous material for publication.
- Aggregate videos from assorted sources
- Edit video (raw from photojournalists)
- Post video on outward-facing materials including social media and blog posts
- Assist in the production of communications and promotional materials needed for marketing and branding efforts
- Work as part of a team to pitch and collaborate on stories to satisfy needs of the company
- Assist with preparations for speaking engagements, discussion groups and case studies
- Confers with editor to discuss development changes or revisions
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE (CONSIDERED AN ASSET)
- Social media proficiency
- A good sense of visual design and the ability to capture the moment
- Bachelor’s Degree in video/media, broadcast production or a creative related field (certifications in instructional design are preferred)
- Minimum 1-2 years of video production and post-production experience required
- Ideally you have shot personal / home videos, or worked as a freelance videographer
- Must demonstrate and possess understanding of storytelling, design and editorial processes, as well as the ability to integrate them all with high production value.
- Highly organized with an extreme attention to detail
- Collaborative team player with positive attitude
- You have experience producing content for YouTube, Vimeo, Periscope or other online platforms & websites.
- Basic proficiency in WordPress
- Strong understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
- The ability to handle multiple projects per week, and dozens of projects per month
- Eager to join a fast-paced early stage startup
|Job Category||Multimedia Jobs|
|LOCATION||In the SF Bay Area|
|JOB LEVEL||Beginning to Intermediate|